Leni Riefenstahl. AfricaEdition of 2,500Hardcover in box, 13.6 x 19.7 in., 37.48 lb, 564 pages4500Edition: English, French, German Availability: In Stock
Limited Collector’s Edition of 2,500 copies, numbered and signed by Leni Riefenstahl
Leni Riefenstahl. Africa4500
Leni Riefenstahl in Africa
Limited edition of 2,500 copies
Published in 2002 on the occasion of her 100th birthday, this book brings together Leni Riefenstahl’s astonishing Africa portfolio. The first female film director to attract international acclaim, Riefenstahl began frequent trips to Africa in her early sixties, where she worked on various film and photography projects. Her favorite destination was Sudan, where she immersed herself in the Nuba tribe, learning their customs and their language.
As warm and welcoming people, the Nuba offered Riefenstahl some escape from her past as a protégé of the Third Reich. She would later recall her experiences in Africa as the happiest moments in her life. This monumental book gathers her images of the Nuba, as well as of the Dinka, Shilluk, and Masai tribes into a deeply evocative publication, capturing not only the beauty, expression, and age-old customs of the Nuba, but also Riefentahl’s profound respect and love for these people and their land.
- XXL-Format: 34.5 x 50 cm (13.4 x 19.7 in.)
- Limited edition of 2,500 copies worldwide, each numbered and signed by Leni Riefenstahl
- Interview by Kevin Brownlow
- Extensive bibliography and biography section
- All color illustrations are color-separated and reproduced in Aniva, the finest reproduction technique available today, which provides unequaled intensity and color range. The duotone illustrations are made with Novatone, a special treatment for black-and-white images that produces exquisite tonal range and density.
Angelika Taschen studied art history and German literature in Heidelberg, gaining her doctorate in 1986. Working for TASCHEN from 1987, she has published numerous titles on art, architecture, photography, design, travel, and lifestyle.
Leni Riefenstahl. AfricaEdition of 2,500Hardcover in box, 34.5 x 50 cm, 17 kg, 564 pages
ISBN 978-3-8228-1616-5Edition: English, French, German
No reviews have been posted for this item yet. Be the first to rate this product.