- “TASCHEN has turned the book as collectible sculptural object from avant-garde oddity into luxury commodity.”
- “It’s something you could only really do with TASCHEN. No one else would entertain the idea of essentially casting an engine block.”
- “Superlatives lose their luster, their power, and their meaning in describing TASCHEN’s latest triumph… A veritable bible of everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the vision of a little boy named Enzo Anselmo Ferrari.”
- “A boost to the legend that is Enzo Ferrari.”
FerrariEdition of 1,697Leather cover, 32.4 x 43.2 cm (12.7 x 17 in.), 38 kg (83.6 lb), 514 pages; in an aluminum engine-inspired case designed by Marc Newson6000Edition: English Availability: In Stock
Collector’s Edition (No. 251–1,947), each numbered and signed by Piero Ferrari
Il Fascino Ferrari
A monument to Italy’s driving force
Synonymous with beauty, excellence, and unmatched desirability, the Cavallino Rampante lives on as the driving force in high-performance Gran Turismo, the conqueror of impossible challenges.
A project conceived in close collaboration with Ferrari, this massive tome is a veritable collector’s piece. A production unparalleled in scale, it features exclusive content from the Ferrari Archives and private collections around the world, bringing together hundreds of unseen photographs and documents to reveal the unique story behind Ferrari’s victories, its protagonists, and its legacy.
Limited to 1,947 signed and numbered copies, this handcrafted leather-bound and hand-stitched Collector’s Edition is enclosed in a Ferrari motor–inspired case designed by Marc Newson. Made of cast aluminum, the chrome has been sandblasted with powder to preserve the metal’s natural feel, while the top of the case has been finished using Ferrari’s own red varnish, the same as that used on their engines.
Treat it like you would a V12 250 engine!
Collector’s Edition (No. 251–1,947), each signed by Piero Ferrari.
Also available as an Art Edition (No. 1–250), with a sculptural bookstand by Marc Newson, signed by Piero Ferrari, Sergio Marchionne, and John Elkann.
- Unprecedented access to the Ferrari archives, and those of private collectors, including hundreds of unseen photographs, drawings, and sketches
- Original documents of famed Ferrari drivers
- Never-before-seen appendix gathering all of Ferrari’s victories since 1947
Born in Sydney, Australia, Marc Newson studied jewelry and sculpture at Sydney College of the Arts before moving to Tokyo. Now living and working in London, Newson has become one of the world’s most accomplished and influential designers. He has forged innovative partnerships with brands such as Apple, Nike, Dom Pérignon, and Louis Vuitton, and his work has been featured at The Museum of Modern Art, the Victoria & Albert Museum, and Centre Pompidou, among others.
Giuseppe (Pino) Allievi is the journalist and writer who coordinated the project, researching the elements that contributed to create the legendary allure of America’s Cup, and handpicking the most esteemed authors and the rarest documents. An instantly recognizable name in the world of sports, he is also the author of TASCHEN’s monograph on Ferrari.
FerrariEdition of 1,697Leather cover, 32.4 x 43.2 cm (12.7 x 17 in.), 38 kg (83.6 lb), 514 pages; in an aluminum engine-inspired case designed by Marc Newson
ISBN 978-3-8365-6577-6Edition: English
No reviews have been posted for this item yet. Be the first to rate this product.