- “Superb color reproductions and numerous details allow us to examine Bosch’s fantastic imagery with a clarity seldom possible, even in a museum gallery.”
“Bosch in breathtakingly unearthly depth of field.”
Bosch. The Complete WorksHardcover with fold-out, 9.8 x 13.4 in., 6.58 lb, 300 pages80Availability: In Stock
Bosch. The Complete Works80
Fantasy Art Renaissance style
An earthly delight not to be missed
Based on the best-selling XXL edition, which saw TASCHEN commission new and exclusive photography of details and recently restored works, this large-scale monograph presents Bosch’s complete oeuvre. Texts from art historian and Bosch expert Stefan Fischer dissect the many compelling elements that populate each scene, from hybrid creatures of man and beast to Bosch’s pictorial use of proverbs and idioms. By tying together the elusive threads of his oeuvre into one exhaustive overview, this book reveals just what it was about Bosch and his painting that proved so immensely influential.
- Impeccable full-page reproductions celebrating the artist’s staggering compositional scope
- Enlarged details unveiling the most intricate and bizarre scenes as much as the unsuspected technical minutiae, from subtle brush-strokes to the grain of the canvas
- A fold-out spread drawn from the legendary Last Judgement
- A special chapter focusing on Bosch’s most famous work, the mesmerizing and terrifying triptych The Garden of Earthly Delights
Stefan Fischer studied art history, history, and classical archaeology in Münster, Amsterdam, and Bonn. In 2009 he completed his doctoral thesis “Hieronymus Bosch: Malerei als Vision, Lehrbild und Kunstwerk.” His specialist fields are Netherlandish painting of the 15th to the 17th centuries and museology.
Bosch. The Complete WorksHardcover with fold-out, 25 x 34 cm, 2.99 kg, 300 pages
ISBN 978-3-8365-7867-7Edition: Spanish
ISBN 978-3-8365-7868-4Edition: French
ISBN 978-3-8365-7869-1Edition: English