- “…The book provides an incredible view of the mutability of the fashion landscape, and a powerful documentation of changing attitudes towards the female form. The collection serves as a point of reference for how society has weathered the continually oscillating landscape of the human form, sexuality and desire, and showcases the work the calendar has done to challenge convention and traverse boundaries.”
- “… fun, stylish, occasionally verging on the scandalous but never overstepping into vulgarity.”
- “…Pirelli – The Calendar. 50 Years and More reunites every month of the calendars alongside behind-the-scenes images…car talk never felt so racy.”
- “…nobody looks at the Pirelli Calendar to check the date… If you're reading this, you've most likely never owned a Pirelli Calendar for yourself, this is your chance to get your hands on ALL of them, and in one concise retrospective with some extras too.”
- “The Pirelli Calendar — arguably the world’s most titillating way of keeping track of time.”
- “For me the Pirelli Calendar stands for women: embracing themselves, embracing their body, being comfortable and strong.”
- “They took a humble garage calendar and magically turned it around into the most desirable object for the jet set, the glamour set,“ said Benedikt Taschen, of the publishing house, which is working with Pirelli on a book about the history of the calendars. “And it is the hottest ticket for any photographer working today.”
Pirelli. The Calendar. 50 Years and MoreEdition of 1,000Hardcover, clothbound, with 2 fold-outs in a plexiglas slipcase, 18.9 x 18.9 in., 57.32 lb, 560 pages8000Edition: English Availability: Sold Out
This edition is sold out. However, occasionally, copies do become available again. Please register on our waiting list so we can inform you if this edition, or anything similar comes up.
Collector’s Edition of 1,000 copies
Pirelli. The Calendar. 50 Years and More8000
Undress for History, Please
The complete Pirelli retrospective
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the now-legendary institution that is the Pirelli Calendar, TASCHEN brings you a retrospective volume reproducing the complete calendars, photographed by Richard Avedon, Peter Beard, Patrick Demarchelier, Nick Knight, Karl Lagerfeld, Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, Annie Leibovitz, Peter Lindbergh, Sarah Moon, Uwe Ommer, Terry Richardson, Herb Ritts, Mario Sorrenti, Bert Stern, Mario Testino, Bruce Weber, and many more.
Bonus features include rarely and never-before-seen behind-the-scenes images of the shoots, the unpublished 1963 calendar, and a selection of “censored” images deemed too risqué by the editors of the time. With an introduction by Philippe Daverio and an interview with art directors Derek Forsyth and Martyn Walsh.
Collector’s Edition of 1,000 copies.
Born in 1949, Philippe Daverio is a writer, art dealer and art historian. Between 1993 and 1997, he was Head of Culture for the City of Milan, and is currently Director of the Museum of the Milan Duomo. He has inaugurated four modern art galleries, and written for a number of different publications including Vogue, People, Panorama, and Liberal. Since March 2008 he has also directed the magazine Art e Dossier. He leads courses in History of Design at the Politecnico di Milano and is Professor of Sociology of Art at the University of Palermo.
Pirelli. The Calendar. 50 Years and MoreEdition of 1,000Hardcover, clothbound, with 2 fold-outs in a plexiglas slipcase, 48 x 48 cm, 26 kg, 560 pages
ISBN 978-3-8365-5224-0Edition: English
No reviews have been posted for this item yet. Be the first to rate this product.