- “Treasure trove of a tome.”
- “TASCHEN’s definitive photographic story of [Queen Elizabeth II’s] public and private life.”
- “This book is the definitive photographic story of Queen Elizabeth II.”
- “Not only a showcase of royal history and tradition but also a collection of top-notch, classic photography.”
- “A regal read.”
- “A glorious royal life in pictures.”
- “Her Majesty like never before.”
- “If you’re a fan of the Queen you need this coffee table tome.”
- “Stunning, rare photos of a young Queen Elizabeth.”
- “A stunning photographic compendium covering every detail of the Queen’s remarkable life.”
Her Majesty. A Photographic History 1926–2022Hardcover, 9.8 x 13.4 in., 6.90 lb, 368 pages70Edition: English, French, German Availability: In Stock
Her Majesty. A Photographic History 1926–202270
Long live the Queen
The public and private life of the world’s most famous monarch
Brimming with history, tradition, fashion, glamour, and culture, the book spans the Queen’s early years right until her passing in 2022.. Along the way, we trace her coming of age during World War II; her marriage, motherhood, and coronation; her encounters with such icons of their age as the Beatles, Marilyn Monroe, and JFK; and her extensive international travels. We visit the spectacular royal palaces and enjoy the infectious celebration of royal weddings and jubilees. We witness the elegance of official portraits, and the intimacy offamily moments.
As much a showcase of top photographers as a celebration of her remarkable royal life. Her Majesty includes the work of such luminaries as Cecil Beaton, Studio Lisa, Dorothy Wilding, Karsh, Lord Snowdon, David Bailey, Patrick Lichfield, Annie Leibovitz and many others.
Christoper Warwick was a highly respected royal historian, writer and broadcaster. The best-selling authorized biographer of HRH The Princess Margaret — Princess Margaret: A Life of Contrasts — and author of a number of other bestsellers, including George and Marina, Duke and Duchess of Kent and The Life and Death of Ella Grand Duchess of Russia, he also acted as a freelance royal commentator. As an authority on modern royal history, he regularly took part in national television and radio programmes, as well as television documentaries relating to modern royal history from the reign of Queen Victoria to the present day.
Reuel Golden is the former editor of the British Journal of Photography and the Photography editor at TASCHEN. His TASCHEN titles include: Mick Rock: The Rise of David Bowie, both London and New York Portrait of a City books, The Rolling Stones, Her Majesty, the National Geographic editions, the David Bailey SUMO and Andy Warhol. Polaroids.
Her Majesty. A Photographic History 1926–2022Hardcover, 25 x 34 cm, 3.13 kg, 368 pages
ISBN 978-3-8365-8468-5Edition: English, French, German