Gio Ponti20Availability: In Stock
The godfather of Italian design
The home was one of Ponti’s recurring interests and central areas of innovation. His talent for total design—a careful consideration of both interior and exterior space—is charted in the glossy reproductions, floor plans, and drawings featured in this edition. Ponti’s colorful, carefree, and elegant spaces blended an expressive neoclassicism with emerging modernist sensibility.
The founder and nearly lifelong editor of domus magazine never ceased to develop and reinvent his style. From the Denver Art Museum to his collection of churches, from bespoke homeware to the symbol of modern Milan, the Pirelli Tower, this monograph provides an introduction to Ponti’s exuberant creativity and illustrious career.
Graziella Roccella lives in Turin where she works as freelance architect and assistant professor in architectural design. She has published various essays and given lectures on contemporary architecture and theories of architectural research. As an architect she works in the field of interior design and residential buildings with a special regard to sustainable architecture.
Gio PontiHardcover, 96 pages
ISBN 978-3-8365-6438-0Edition: French
ISBN 978-3-8365-6439-7Edition: English
Born back in 1985, the Basic Art Series has evolved into the best-selling art book collection ever published. Each book in TASCHEN’s Basic Architecture series features:
• an introduction to the life and work of the architect
• the major works in chronological order
• information about the clients, architectural preconditions as well as construction problems and resolutions
• a list of all the selected works and a map indicating the locations of the best and most famous buildings
• approximately 120 illustrations (photographs, sketches, drafts, and plans)
No reviews have been posted for this item yet. Be the first to rate this product.