This is the definitive history of Playboy and its legendary founder.
Hugh M. Hefner presents an illustrated autobiography with chronological highlights from Playboy
’s first 25 years. His personal life and career—from cartoon-drawing childhood to astonishing success with Playboy
—are revealed in the most intimate portrait ever.This sumptuous six-volume anthology
celebrates the decadence, sophistication, and wit of the original men’s magazine and its creator. Hugh Hefner’s Playboy
highlights the extraordinary years from 1953 to 1979, with a selection of each era’s spiciest centerfolds and writing by literary icons Gore Vidal, Norman Mailer
, Jack Kerouac, and Ray Bradbury, as well as some of the most important Playboy
interviews, including Martin Luther King, John Lennon, Richard Nixon, and Roman Polanski.
A wealth of never-before-seen ephemera from Hefner’s personal archives includes original artwork, cartoons and correspondence, and 700 pages of autobiographical text
about his youth, military service, early career as a cartoonist, numerous girlfriends, and eventual success with Playboy. A vast selection of personal photos
—many previously unseen—include behind-the-scenes shots
from the Playboy Mansion, Playboy Clubs, and the Big Bunny jet.
Limited Edition of 1,500 numbered copies signed by Hefner, in a Plexiglas case. Includes a facsimile edition of Playboy #1 from 1953—featuring the iconic Monroe cover and first nude shots—and a 7 x 7 cm (2.8 x 2.8 in.) piece of Hef’s famous silk pajamas, worn by the great man himself
- Limited to 1,500 sets, each numbered and signed by Hugh Hefner
- Six volumes totaling 3,506 pages, packaged in a 10 mm thick Plexiglas box
- Features 59 of the hottest Centerfolds in full size, and all 312 covers from the magazine’s first 25 years
- Comprehensive overview of artwork and pictorials by all of the important Playboy artists and photographers
- Contains a facsimile edition of Playboy’s groundbreaking first issue, featuring Marilyn Monroe’s iconic nude portrait
- Hefner’s text in English with German, French, and Spanish translations
- Special bonus: includes a 7 x 7 cm (2.8 x 2.8 in.) piece of Hef’s legendary silk pajamas!