- “I could take a photograph of three of the Beatles, but Paul always had to be one of the three. You always looked at Paul first—he made the picture move.”
- “Benson went on to take some of the most famous pictures of Paul McCartney [as] found in his new book, PAUL.”
- “Paul captures key moments in the legendary musician’s life with equally compelling intimacy.”
- “PAUL is a testament to just how many cameras Paul McCartney has been subjected to in his lifetime, with never-before-seen shots collected in a beautiful new book published by TASCHEN.”
- “I’m proud of the work that I’ve done with Paul over the years and grateful he’s allowed me to document some private and personal moments in his extraordinary life.”
Harry Benson. PaulEdition of 600Hardcover in acrylic box, 10.6 x 14.7 in., 13.23 lb, 172 pages1000Edition: English, French, German
This edition is sold out. However, occasionally, copies do become available again. Please register on our waiting list so we can inform you if this edition, or anything similar comes up.
Collector’s Edition (No. 101–700), each numbered and signed by Harry Benson
Harry Benson. Paul1000
Maybe I’m Amazed
A personal portrait of Paul McCartney by Harry Benson
Through Benson’s lens, Paul traces the evolution of its namesake as an icon, performer, and a devoted family man. We follow the musician at the height of his fame with the Beatles; in the recording studio with Linda and their band, Wings; with the family; behind the scenes and on stage during the 1975–76 “Wings Over America” tour; dancing the night away at a star-studded party on the Queen Mary to celebrate the band’s newest album; and with Linda on the couple’s farm in the U.K. in the early 1990s—a fittingly soft landing after so many years of flying high.
Featuring more than 100 color and black-and-white images by the legendary photojournalist, many never seen before, this collection is a window onto a one-of-a-kind artist, one who has remained somewhat enigmatic despite nearly a lifetime of being in the limelight.
Collector’s Edition of 600 copies (No. 101–700), each numbered and signed by Harry Benson
Also available in two Art Editions (No. 1–100), accompanied by a signed gelatin silver print
Glasgow-born Harry Benson has photographed every US President since Eisenhower, the Civil Rights movement, and was next to Robert Kennedy when he was assassinated. As well as The Beatles, he has shot some of the biggest personalities of the last 50 years, including Michael Jackson, Elizabeth Taylor and Her Majesty The Queen. In 2009, he was made Commander of the British Empire (CBE).
Reuel Golden is the former editor of the British Journal of Photography and the Photography editor at TASCHEN. His TASCHEN titles include: Mick Rock: The Rise of David Bowie, both London and New York Portrait of a City books, The Rolling Stones, Her Majesty, the National Geographic editions, the David Bailey SUMO and Andy Warhol. Polaroids.
Harry Benson. PaulEdition of 600Hardcover in acrylic box, 26.9 x 37.3 cm, 6 kg, 172 pages
ISBN 978-3-8365-7351-1Edition: English, French, German