- “[Gisele Bündchen] offers readers a sense of exclusivity and timelessness – one of those once-in-a-lifetime purchases to own a sliver of Bündchen’s inimitable legacy.”
- “…a retrospective of some of her most daring, controversial, and revealing editorial and commercial projects of the past 20 years.”
- “THE coffee-table book of ALL coffee-table books. This is coffee-table couture people, and every fashionista will lust for it to grace their living room surfaces. The limited Collector’s Edition is here to celebrate Gisele’s 20-year milestone in the fashion industry, and oozes full-on glamour from its pages.”
- “This book should carry a health warning: it’s very large, heavy and expensive… Teenage girls will love it, if they can tear it away from their brothers. And don’t let your half-sozzled uncle spill his drink on it on Christmas Day, as this book is a real investment.”
- “She’s the one: Various photographs in the book Gisele Bündchen require double takes and long stares before she becomes recognizable. But most captivating are the images in which she is undoubtedly herself…”
Gisele BündchenEdition of 900Hardcover, Swiss binding, in acrylic slipcase, 11.1 x 15.4 in., 21.22 lb, 536 pages2500Edition: English
This edition is sold out. However, occasionally, copies do become available again. Please register on our waiting list so we can inform you if this edition, or anything similar comes up.
Collector’s Edition (No. 101–1,000), each signed by Gisele Bündchen
The rise and rise of Gisele Bündchen
Gisele was just 18 when she made her breakthrough in the S/S 1998 ready-to-wear “Rain” show of Alexander McQueen, who chose “The Body” thanks to her ability to walk in towering heels on a slippery runway. The same year, Gisele secured her first British Vogue cover, and swiftly became the most in-demand cover girl of her generation. The following year, she was chosen for the cover of American Vogue, shot by Steven Meisel, and lauded as “the return of the sexy model” with her bronzed, athletic beauty defying late-’90s grunge. Since then, Gisele has appeared on more than 1,000 covers around the globe, in approximately 450 fashion shows, and in multinational campaigns for the biggest fashion and beauty brands.
With more than 300 photographs, this large-scale Collector’s Edition is curated and art directed by Giovanni Bianco. From Gisele’s legendary nude portrait by Irving Penn, chosen as the book’s cover, to iconic shots from such industry luminaries as Steven Meisel, Mario Testino, Peter Lindbergh, David LaChapelle, Juergen Teller, Inez & Vinoodh, Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott and Corinne Day, it is a unique artistic presentation of the most famous Brazilian export together with Pelé and Senna and the highest-earning model in the world. The breathtaking image collection is accompanied by an introduction by Steven Meisel and tributes from Gisele’s closest friends, family, and fashion leaders, who shed light on how and why she has become one of the greatest models of all time.
Collector's Edition (No. 101-1,000), each signed by Gisele Bündchen.
Also available as an Art Edition of 100 copies (No. 1–100) with a print signed by Juergen Teller.
Gisele is donating all her proceeds from the book to charity.
Gisele BündchenEdition of 900Hardcover, Swiss binding, in acrylic slipcase, 28.1 x 39 cm, 9.63 kg, 536 pages
ISBN 978-3-8365-5921-8Edition: English
No reviews have been posted for this item yet. Be the first to rate this product.