- “…a sensory vitamin pill.”
- “This book is simply stunning. The works are beautifully reproduced - this monograph is not to be missed.”
- “...one of the most covetable books ever. The reproductions are breathtakingly good, as are the excellent essays and commentaries on paintings.”
- “...so sumptuous, you won’t want to stop looking at it.”
- “...as the arresting imagery in this comprehensive tome attests, Klimt’s liberated vision of modern beauty and femininity lives on.”
- “Guaranteed to work up a fervour.”
Gustav Klimt. The Complete PaintingsHardcover with fold-outs, 11.4 x 15.6 in., 17.20 lb, 676 pages200Edition: English Availability: In Stock
Gustav Klimt. The Complete Paintings200
The legacy of Gustav Klimt
This monograph explores Klimt’s oeuvre with particular emphasis upon such contemporary voices. With a complete catalogue of his paintings, including new photographs of the Stoclet Frieze commissioned exclusively for this book, it examines the reactions to Klimt’s work throughout his career. Subjects range from Klimt’s portrayal of women to his adoption of landscape painting. The theory that Klimt was a man of few words who rarely put pen to paper is also dispelled with the inclusion of 179 letters, cards, writings, and other documents from the artist.
Contributing authors: Evelyn Benesch, Marian Bisanz-Prakken, Rainald Franz, Anette Freytag, Christoph Grunenberg, Hansjörg Krug, Susanna Partsch, Angelina Pötschner, and Michaela Reichel
The editor and author
Tobias G. Natter is an internationally acknowledged expert on art in “Vienna around 1900.” For many years he worked at the Austrian Belvedere Gallery in Vienna, latterly as head curator. He also worked as guest curator at the Tate Liverpool, the Neue Galerie New York, the Hamburger Kunsthalle, the Schirn in Frankfurt am Main, and the Jewish Museum in Vienna. From 2006 to 2011, he directed the Vorarlberg Museum in Bregenz, and from 2011 to 2013 was director of the Leopold Museum in Vienna. In 2014 he founded Natter Fine Arts, which specializes in assessing works of art and developing exhibition concepts. He is the author of TASCHEN’s Gustav Klimt. Complete Paintings, Art for All. The Colour Woodcut in Vienna around 1900 and Egon Schiele. The Complete Paintings 1909–1918.
Gustav Klimt. The Complete PaintingsHardcover with fold-outs, 29 x 39.5 cm, 7.80 kg, 676 pages
ISBN 978-3-8365-2795-8Edition: English