domus 1940–1949Copertina rigida, 7.7 x 10.0 in., 4.41 lb, 640 pagine40Edizione: Inglese Disponibilità: Disponibile
Forms on the front line
Architecture and design in the context of WWII
This fresh reprint of domus’ coverage of the 1940s brings together the most important features from a decade of destruction and reconstruction. Even amid the bombing raids inflicted on Milan, domus continued to publish through much of the war, charting the design zeitgeist, while managing a successive turnover of editors and editors-in-chief during Ponti’s “interregnum” between 1941 and 1948. The pages from this period record reports and features on modern industrial design and furniture, new prefabricated houses, American academic architecture, the building projects of Carlo Mollino, Gian Luigi Banfi, Franco Albini, and Giuseppe Terragni, as well as the postwar flowering of Organic Design.
- Seven volumes spanning 1928 to 1999
- Over 4,000 pages featuring influential projects by the most important designers and architects
- Original layouts and all covers, with captions providing navigation and context
- Introductory essays by renowned architects and designers
- Each edition comes with an appendix featuring texts translated into English, many of which were previously only available in Italian
- A comprehensive index in each volume listing both designers’ and manufacturers’ names
Charlotte & Peter Fiell are well-known design authors having written over sixty books on the subject. Among their various areas of specialization is the realm of transportation design in all its diverse forms. The Fiells have lectured widely, guest taught courses, curated exhibitions, and consulted manufacturing companies, museums, salerooms, and major private collectors around the world. Together, they have written numerous TASCHEN books, including 1000 Chairs, Design of the 20th Century, Industrial Design A–Z, 1000 Lights, and Scandinavian Design. They also edited TASCHEN's Decorative Art series and the 12-volume domus 1928–1999 and have most recently authored the double-volume Ultimate Collector Cars.
domus 1940–1949Copertina rigida, 19.6 x 25.5 cm, 2.00 kg, 640 pagine
ISBN 978-3-8365-9383-0Edizione: Inglese
Non sono state ancora pubblicate recensioni per questo articolo. Sii il primo a valutare questo prodotto.