TASCHEN is looking for a full-time Editorial/Design Intern
based out of our Los Angeles office, the position to be filled immediately for a period of six months with the possibility to mutually extend to one year.Your duties and responsibilities
Assisting the editorial/design/production team on upcoming titles through all phases of the production process, especially:
- Printing and helping to prepare and present design and packaging concepts
- Placing images and texts in layout
- Arranging, scanning, and cataloging of original art
- Ongoing maintenance of our archives, digital, print, and sample libraries
- Filing, errands, and generally helping out with whatever needs to be done
- Fluent English (spoken and written) is required
- Completed university studies or equivalent training
- Own the assignments given you — detail-oriented, organized, and great follow-through a must
- Mac literate
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Understanding of page layout using InDesign (creating documents, working with images and type)
- Knowledge of/interest in the publishing industry
- Background in subjects published by TASCHEN (architecture, art, history, photography, pop culture, etc.)
All applicants will be considered, but we cannot support relocation.
Organized and enthusiastic candidates should email an enclosed cover letter, resume and PDF portfolio (under 10 MB) to Josh Baker, email@example.com
, with "Los Angeles Internship" as the subject line.
No calls, please.