domus 1928–1939Copertina rigida, 7.7 x 10.0 in., 4.41 lb, 640 pagine40Edizione: Inglese Disponibilità: Disponibile
Birth of the International Style
This fresh reprint features domus’ coverage from the transformative years between 1928 and 1939. It is an era famed for the emergence of the International Style when the likes of Le Corbusier, Mies van der Rohe, Marcel Breuer, Alvar Aalto, and Richard Neutra channeled modernist ideals into rectilinear forms, restrained surfaces, and open, luminous interiors. The domus coverage of this decisive decade spanned the details and the grand designs. From soaring steel skyscrapers to tubular furniture, its coverage is a definitive record of how light, form, and pared-down aesthetics combined in the pursuit of an honest and utilitarian form for the modern and rapidly industrializing age.
- Seven volumes spanning 1928 to 1999
- Over 4,000 pages featuring influential projects by the most important designers and architects
- Original layouts and all covers, with captions providing navigation and context
- Introductory essays by renowned architects and designers
- Each edition comes with an appendix featuring texts translated into English, many of which were previously only available in Italian
- A comprehensive index in each volume listing both designers’ and manufacturers’ names
Charlotte & Peter Fiell are well-known design authors having written over sixty books on the subject. Among their various areas of specialization is the realm of transportation design in all its diverse forms. The Fiells have lectured widely, guest taught courses, curated exhibitions, and consulted manufacturing companies, museums, salerooms, and major private collectors around the world. Together, they have written numerous TASCHEN books, including 1000 Chairs, Design of the 20th Century, Industrial Design A–Z, 1000 Lights, and Scandinavian Design. They also edited TASCHEN's Decorative Art series and the 12-volume domus 1928–1999 and have most recently authored the double-volume Ultimate Collector Cars.
domus 1928–1939Copertina rigida, 19.6 x 25.5 cm, 2.00 kg, 640 pagine
ISBN 978-3-8365-9445-5Edizione: Inglese
Non sono state ancora pubblicate recensioni per questo articolo. Sii il primo a valutare questo prodotto.