domus 1960–1969Copertina rigida, 7.7 x 10.0 in., 4.41 lb, 640 pagine40Edizione: Inglese Disponibilità: Disponibile
The stars of 60s pop and experimentation
This fresh reprint features the highlights from the 1960s issues and documents the daring, practical, and beautiful projects of a decade of futuristic thrill and booming pop culture. Synthetics and plastics hit the stage, leading to radical new design, while conventional notions of elegance give way to fresh exploratory forms.
For work to be featured in the magazine it had to offer function, spatial clarity, intellectual persuasion, relevant originality, and/or grace. Those projects and practitioners that made the grade include Ray and Charles Eames, Gae Aulenti, Kenzo Tange, Verner Panton, Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni, Ettore Sottsass, Carlo Scarpa, Angelo Mangiarotti, Cesare Maria Casati, and Eero Saarinen.
- Seven volumes spanning 1928 to 1999
- Over 4,000 pages featuring influential projects by the most important designers and architects
- Original layouts and all covers, with captions providing navigation and context
- Introductory essays by renowned architects and designers
- Each edition comes with an appendix featuring texts translated into English, many of which were previously only available in Italian
- A comprehensive index in each volume listing both designers’ and manufacturers’ names
Charlotte and Peter Fiell are well-known design authors having written over sixty books on the subject. Among their various areas of specialization is the realm of transportation design in all its diverse forms. The Fiells have lectured widely, guest taught courses, curated exhibitions, and consulted manufacturing companies, museums, salerooms, and major private collectors around the world. Together, they have written numerous TASCHEN books.
domus 1960–1969Copertina rigida, 19.6 x 25.5 cm, 2.00 kg, 640 pagine
ISBN 978-3-8365-9385-4Edizione: Inglese