domus 1950–1959Copertina rigida, 7.7 x 10.0 in., 4.41 lb, 640 pagine40Edizione: Inglese Disponibilità: Disponibile
Scoprite cosa scriveva la massima rivista di architettura e design in un decennio decisivo di speranze postbelliche e crescente internazionalismo. Questa edizione appena riveduta e corretta vi farà conoscere i progetti e i professionisti più importanti dell’epoca, come le Case Study House, le macchine da ufficio Olivetti, Le Corbusier e Gio Ponti.
The optimism and triumphs of the 1950s
This fresh reprint of domus' 1950s coverage brings together the most important features from an era of post-war optimism. As memories of conflict receded, architecture and design sought new forms, materials, and applications, as well as increasing international dialogue.
Highlights include Le Corbusier’s design of the United Nations Building in New York; the Case Study Houses of Charles and Ray Eames; Richard Neutra in California, office machines by Olivetti, furniture by Ray and Charles Eames, ceramics and tables by Ettore Sottsass, and the Herman Miller Showroom by Alexander Girard in San Francisco.
- Seven volumes spanning 1928 to 1999
- Over 4,000 pages featuring influential projects by the most important designers and architects
- Original layouts and all covers, with captions providing navigation and context
- Introductory essays by renowned architects and designers
- Each edition comes with an appendix featuring texts translated into English, many of which were previously only available in Italian
- A comprehensive index in each volume listing both designers’ and manufacturers’ names
Charlotte and Peter Fiell are well-known design authors having written over sixty books on the subject. Among their various areas of specialization is the realm of transportation design in all its diverse forms. The Fiells have lectured widely, guest taught courses, curated exhibitions, and consulted manufacturing companies, museums, salerooms, and major private collectors around the world. Together, they have written numerous TASCHEN books.
domus 1950–1959Copertina rigida, 19.6 x 25.5 cm, 2.00 kg, 640 pagine
ISBN 978-3-8365-9384-7Edizione: Inglese
Non sono state ancora pubblicate recensioni per questo articolo. Sii il primo a valutare questo prodotto.