“Bond, James Bond.”
Since Sean Connery uttered those immortal words in 1962, the most dashing secret agent in the history of cinema has been charming and thrilling audiences worldwide. This impeccably British character created by author Ian Fleming has starred in 23 EON-produced films, played by six different actors over five decades.
To celebrate 50 years of this innovative franchise, EON Productions opened their archives of photos, designs, storyboards, and production materials to editor Paul Duncan, who spent two years researching over one million images and 100 filing cabinets of documentation. The result is the most complete account of the making of the series, covering every James Bond film
from Dr. No
(1962) to Skyfall
(2012), including the spoof Casino Royale
(1967) and Never Say Never Again
The stunning imagery is accompanied by an oral history recounted by over 150 cast and crew members
, relating the true inside story of how the Bond films were made. Containing previously unpublished photography and artwork
, as well as production memos from filming, this book is a comprehensive tribute to the legend of James Bond.
- Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the most successful and longest-running film franchise in cinema history!
- Made with unrestricted access to the Bond archives, this XL tome recounts the history of James Bond in words and pictures
- Among the 1,100 images are many previously unseen stills, on-set photos, memos, documents, storyboards, posters, and designs, plus unused concepts, and alternative designs
- Behind-the-scenes stories from the people who were there: producers, directors, actors, screenwriters, production designers, special effects technicians, stuntmen, and other crew members
- Includes every Bond film from Dr. No (1962) to Skyfall (2012)
James Bond films © 1962–2012 Danjaq, LLC and United Artists Corporation.
All rights reserved.
Please note: the first edition, which included a film strip, is no longer in stock.Also available in 2 Art Editions, each limited to 250 copies