Full-Time Sales Associate
TASCHEN America (location: Los Angeles)
We are looking for a Full-Time Sales Associate for our TASCHEN Store Beverly Hills location.
- Welcome customers to the store, assess customer needs and provide assistance and information on the TASCHEN program
- Deliver excellent customer service that ensures ongoing sales and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Process POS (point of sale) purchases
- Actively participate in achieving sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
- Identify new client development opportunities
- Assist in reception of deliveries, unpacking of new stock and merchandising.
- Ensure that the product presentation and work area are clean and organized
- Assist with stock management, database maintenance, and other daily tasks as needed
- Provide support during TASCHEN events and book signings
- Previous retail experience preferred, especially in an arts or gallery environment
- Willingness to go the extra mile to drive sales
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including over telephone and email
- Flexible and friendly attitude with a focus on customer service & teamwork
- Precise, responsible and organized demeanor
- Hands-on experience with POS transactions and inventory procedures a plus
- Interest in art, photography, architecture, design, pop culture, travel and fashion
- English fluency required, multiple languages, especially Spanish a huge plus
- A fun and exciting work environment
- The opportunity to participate in inspiring events and book signings
- A creative, collaborative and professional atmosphere with plenty of scope for developing your own ideas
- Salary Range: $ 18/hour to $ 20/hour plus commission depending on experience
Position is to be filled immediately.
If you think you are a good match and would like to be considered, please send a cover letter and your resume to Meghan Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org.